These 1m40 humanoid rats are quick and agile with keen senses and a fur that is usually white, gray or black.
Suspicious and ever alert, they keep to themselves and only rarely make friends. This attitude comes from the negative view most other intelligent races have of them.
Outsiders view them negatively because of their direct associations with three other creatures:
- Primarily, rats and the diseases their carry.
- Hekatons created during The First War and the terrible magical diseases they spread.
- Wererats also created during The First War and the hell they unleashed upon the allied forces.
They view rats as unwanted relatives, very distant and very despised ones. They won't do violence to them, but they see them as the source of their misery in society.
They speak what is known as Sroguese. It is difficult for other races to speak, except for Misks, and few can understand it who do not have high sense acuity.
They mainly organize in clans with the leader having found his or her way to the top by strength of power and manipulation. Each clan is very territorial and bellicose toward each other.
They usually are only present in large cities throughout the known world. They often run underground activities.
They value intelligence, especially if applied in crafty and unusual ways, which often leads to, mercantile endeavors, criminality or politics (in a backseat kind of way).
They view survival as an imperative. This has been heavily ingrained in them due to all the discrimination they have endured.
They measure success in terms of profit. They are not stingy or miserly, for the most part, they will measure most things in gold and silver.
D&D 5th Edition Racial Traits
- Ability Score Increase. Your Intelligence score increases by 1, and your Dexterity score increases by 2.
- Size. Srogs are between 4 and 5 feet tall. Your size is Medium, but you can squeeze through space fit only for Small creatures.
- Nimbleness. You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
- Speed. Your base walking speed is 35 feet, and you have a burrowing speed of 5 feet in soft soil.
- Darkvision. 60'.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common, Sroguese and 1 other.
- Stealthy. You have proficiency in the Stealth skill.
- Blend with Shadows. You can attempt to hide in areas of dim light.
- Keen Senses. You have proficiency in the Perception skill.