These humanoid dogs are strong and agile with extremely acute senses and a head somewhat like a retriever dog.
Their fur color can vary greatly from earthy browns to white, gray and black, often reflecting their parents in terms of shade and pattern.
Usually calm, they are joyful in nature and love a good laugh, even howling given a good joke. Trusting and loyal, they make good friends and fierce enemies.
They view dogs as their relatives, their dumb relatives they need to take care of, often rolling their eyes at their neediness and helplessness. That being said, they are always happy to meet one, very protective of any in need and affectionate with all of them.
They speak what is known as Duran. It is difficult for other races to speak, except for Vulfens, and few can understand it who do not have high sense acuity.
Even though they do not have a nation to call their own, and never have, preferring to mix with others, they do have their own quarter in most large cities of The Empire of Threch.
They will regularly congregate around a good drink to talk, get the newest gossips and learn how each other's families are doing. They tend to have large families, have a very earthy approach to life, and be excellent hosts.
To them family is very important. They take care of each other, and will help other Dural families in need. In return, they expect members to be good to each other and cherish one another.
Once they decide to give their loyalty to somebody, they are fiercely devoted. That doesn't mean they are subservient, but they will be there for them.
To them, doing what needs to be done is important. They are good at setting goals and accomplishing tasks. They are dependable persons, especially as workers or soldiers.
Acceptance & Accommodation
They tend to accept other readily, not asking questions or being suspicious, even to the point of being accommodating to quirks and other weird behaviors. They think another person is good unless proven otherwise, but they are not gullible either.
They like good clean fun. Once they have done what they have to, they will be looking for something fun to do, which includes congregating.
D&D 5th Edition Racial Traits
- Ability Score Increase. Your Strength score increases by 1, you Constitution score increases by 1, and your Wisdom score increases by 1.
- Speed. Your base walking speed is 35 feet.
- Alignment. Durals tend toward loyal and/or good.
- Darkvision. 60'.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Duran.
- Superior senses and tracking. You gain proficiency with Perception and Survival. If you would gain proficiency in in either one of those two skills in another way, you can expertise instead.
- Dog's Bite. If you do not use anything but unarmed strikes during your turn, you can bite as an attack. You are proficient and deal piercing damage equal to 1d4 plus your Strength modifier.
- Canine. You can communicate easily with canines, like dogs and wolves.