A fairy look like child elf, thin and small, with larger ears and eyes. However, their sexual attributes, if visible, tend to dispel that mirage.
Males Versus Females
There are no differences between the sexes, except for their sexes and female breasts. Same body shape, muscle mass and facial traits.
They live very close to nature, are light-hearted, a bit frivolous and generally do not wear clothes except a bra, for the females to support the weight of their breasts, and a loin cloth to protect and, for the males, support their sex. That is, unless they have to travel outside their community, although they tend not to bother with the elves.
Although there are two sexes, female and male, in general to them in their mind there are no differences between either. They think it's peculiar, funny and useless to make a difference between them.
They build them up in the trees and only there, using dead wood that they carve by hand or magically to form beautiful melded structures.
Relationship with the Elves
At the beginning of time, fairies and elves were responsible for the earliest known racial conflict. Their difference over their love of forests, fairies tending to more symbiotic and elves more practical, brought them to arms. Since then, even after having secured peace eons ago, they hold a certain negative view of each other.
If you're looking for a fairy name, you might want to check out this website: FNG.
D&D 5th Edition Racial Traits
- They look like elven children.
- They do not age.
- Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2. Your Charisma score increases by 1.
- Size. Fairies average about 3 feet tall and weigh about 40 pounds. Your size is Small.
- Speed. 30'.
- Darkvision. 60'.
- Nimbleness. You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
- Keen Senses. You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
- Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
- Trance. Elves don’t need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. (The Common word for such meditation is “trance.”) While meditating, you can dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years of practice. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.
- Naturally Stealthy. You can attempt to hide even when you are obscured only by a creature that is at least one size larger than you.
- Mask of the Wild. You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common, Feyish, Silvan, and Elvish